The lot of ground on which the first Sant Peter's Kierch was erected was purchased from George Fisher, a founder of Middletown on September 18th, 1764. The same year, King George III of England through John Penn, governor of Pennsylvania, granted permission to the Lutheran congregation of Middletown to collect funds for the erection of a building which to worship. The cornerstone was laid on July 13, 1767, bearing the name "Sant Peter's Kierch".
In thanksgiving to God, many special events commemorating our 250th anniversary have been scheduled through 2017. Many of the activities will feature period events rich in history. Through the year, former pastors, interns and cantors will be presiding and leading our worship.
As we give thanks to our heritage and serve the present please join us celebrating our 250th Anniversary.